Since 1993, Just Money Advisors has been helping clients integrate their money and their values. JMA clients get sound financial advice and investment management shaped by their vision of a just and sustainable world.
It means 25 years of client well-being and constructive engagement with the world.
It means tens (if not hundreds) of millions of dollars kept away from companies that exploit people and natural resources and, as importantly, tens (if not hundreds) of millions of dollars invested in companies that improve the world for us all.
You’ve likely heard that idea before, but what does it mean in practice?
It also means 25 years of learning and resources and relationship-building that we bring to each client relationship and each client portfolio.
If we can help you integrate your money and your values, please get in touch.
It means hundreds of clients creating jobs and affordable housing and alternative energy projects and cooperatives and more.
Our Services Include
- Portfolio management rooted in sound financial management practices, shaped by clients’ goals, interests, circumstances, risk profile, etc.;
- Access to a wide range of screened stock and bond mutual funds to allow clients to invest in line with their values and concerns;
- Community investment options for people who want to put part of their capital to work in low-income and working-class communities in the US and around the world;
- High-impact investments in organic farmland, worker-owned cooperatives, alternative energy, homeownership protection for low-income homeowners, and more for investors for whom non-traditional and less liquid options may be suitable;
- Broad financial planning, including planning around general and estate issues, tax, retirement, education savings, and more;
- Strategies for charitable giving, such as gifts of shares and donor-advised funds;
- Working with clients’ other professionals, such as CPAs or estate attorneys, at clients’ discretion;
- Online access to account information;
- Conscientious data security;
- Active voting of shareholder proxies on important social, environmental and governance issues.
The JMA team offers clients a broad portfolio of skills.
Andy is both a Certified Financial Planner® and an ordained minister, with a master’s degree in counseling. This unusual combination of skills helps clients incorporate their financial well-being within the life that they value. With more than 25 years of experience in social investing, Andy focuses creatively on what each client wants to achieve and how they want to be part of social and environmental change.
Unlike some professional certification programs, the CFP® program is thorough training with a tough exam at the end. Covering general planning, taxes, investing, insurance, estate planning, retirement planning and more, the CFP® program does not make people specialists in those areas; we still partner with clients’ CPAs, estate lawyers and other professionals. But it gives a broad foundation and continuing education on which to build the years of experience that make CFP®s excellent planners to work with.
Susan holds a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Maryland, developing significant analytical skills that continue to benefit JMA clients. Several years as a corporate treasury economist for a multinational bank added expertise in economic data analysis, interest rates (bank economists are “Fed watchers”) and fixed income markets. At JMA since 2000, Susan partners with Andy to create socially responsive financial strategies for JMA clients and manages various aspects of the business side of JMA. (A licensed advisor, Susan is not accepting personal clients at this time.)
Joel, who joined JMA in 2015, is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association. To be clear, Joel is not a practicing lawyer and does not provide legal advice to JMA clients. But his strong, logical mind and detailed follow-through were strengthened in his legal studies, to the advantage of his colleagues and JMA clients. Joel is a licensed financial advisor and accepts clients to serve directly. He also continues to provide excellent client service to Andy’s clients.